There are many reasons that adopting a senior pet is easier than bringing home a kitten or puppy. Senior cats are less crazy, they are already litter box trained and they can make the perfect cuddle buddies.
Check out more reasons to adopt a senior cat here: http://bit.ly/19qi9bu
Reasons to Adopt a Senior Dog
- Senior dogs love to sleep and cuddle the day away. They enjoy a brisk daily walk, but the best part of the day is the nap. They love for you to join them.
- Senior dogs have a tremendous amount of love to give. When you rescue a senior dog, you have a best friend for life.
- Senior dogs reward your care with an unwavering devotion. Nothing matches the gratitude of a senior dog
for his rescuer.
- Senior dogs have learned many of life's lessons. They know, for example, that shoes are for walking and bones are for chewing.
- Senior dogs know that the great outdoors is for eliminating and the house is for relaxing. Your carpet will last longer with a senior dog.
- Senior dogs can learn new tricks and be valuable family and community members. They make
excellent therapy dogs.
- Senior dogs often fit into your household with ease. They find the softest, warmest spot in the house and claim it for their own, but they will share with you, too.
- Senior dogs make excellent companions for everyone, especially senior people.
- Senior dogs are often overlooked in shelters and pounds. Passed over for cute and cuddly puppies, they often do not have a chance and must go to make space for more puppies.
- Adopting a senior dog saves a life!